Tianjin: The Church of the Holy Protection; Piazza Regina Elena
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr01-154. Two images on one post card: 1) The Church of our Saviour was built on the east bank of the Baihe (Pei-ho) River, Tientsin (Tianjin) in 1907, in memory of the 108 Russian soldiers who perished in the Boxer Uprising. From 1922-1925, the church was expanded and rebuilt as the Church of the Holy Protection. 2) Statue of Winged Victory, a World War One Memorial, in the Italian Concession, Tientsin (Tianjin).