University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr02-005. Translation of the Japanese caption on the photograph: 'International (Wanguo) Bridge, French Concession, taken from the sky'. Post card published by NKD. The International Bridge (Wanguo Bridge), was first known as the French Bridge, and later renamed Chiang Kai-shek Bridge. The bridge was again renamed in 1949: the Liberation Bridge, Jiefang Bridge. The steel, through truss, bascule bridge was completed in October 1927 and still stands. See EB-s0728.
Black and white photograph