University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: LD01-057. The church on top of the hill (on the left in this photograph) is the second built on this site, the She Shan Hill, by Jesuits, and it was completed in 1873. This building was demolished c.1925 and replaced with the She Shan Basilica, which still stands (Huanshan Road). See description of She Shan church, in History section, at http://www.thelivingmoon.com/45jack_files/03files/China_Sheshan.html. See HD-s09 and HD-s10.
Black and white photograph