Reservoir, Stanley Terrace and Quarry Bay School (Taikoo Sugar Refinery), Hong Kong
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Sw07-025. GW Swire referenced each negative in this album with the prefix G written in India ink. This negative is referenced G18. The album itself has also been archived at some stage with the reference P1/III. On the left is one of the reservoirs that provided water for the sugar refinery and dockyard. The large building standing above it, is one of the three buildings that made up Stanley Terrace, housing for Taikoo’s expat staff. King’s Road runs down in the cutting. The smaller building on the hillside to the right is the new Quarry Bay School, originally built for the children of Taikoo’s staff. The school opened in September 1926. Source of information: https://gwulo.com/node/41961. See Sw08-110.