Women's Hospital and Government Civil Hospital (政府公立醫院), Hong Kong
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA16-035. Image from an album in The National Archives referenced as ‘HONG KONG 3. Views of Hong Kong from the 1860s to the 1920s' (CO 1069-446). The Women's Hospital in this photograph was known as the Lock Hospital until 1893, when it was renamed The Women's Hospital (Sheilah E. Hamilton, 'Watching over Hong Kong: Private Policing 1841-1941', p. 76). The hospital had been established in the 1850s to treat, amongst others, sex workers with venereal diseases. See NA16-032, NA16-033 and NA16-034.
Black and white photograph
The National Archives, London