The steamer 'Hsin-Fung' moored at the British Bund, Tianjin (天津)
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA27-11. The Hsin Fung was a steel screw steamer built in 1891 by Napier, Shanks & Bell, Old Kilpatrick. It was registered in Shanghai and was first owned by the China Merchants Steam Navigation Company. In 1894 it was subsequently owned by P.A. Lieder and renamed Ning Yi. It returned to the original owner the following year, when it was renamed Hsin-Fung. It was scuttled in 1937 during the Second Sino-Japanese War. From an album in The National Archives entitled ‘MISCELLANEOUS 20. Photograph album. Photographs depict scenes of emigrants from China leaving under British supervision to British North Borneo in the 1920s. (CO 1069/794)’. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.
Black and white photograph
The National Archives, London